[STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] Reference Signal

Title: Message

 Dear all,

 This e-mail is from LGE.
 Our contribution proposes the reference signal supporting preamble search.

 The reference signal is inserted in the available unused subcarriers in FUSC and PUSC while the reference signal is not included in O-FUSC and AMC.
 That is, # of subcarriers in PUSC or FUSC + # of reference signals subcarriers = # of subcarriers in O-FUSC or AMC.
 The reference signal does not break the spectral mask.

 This case is depicted in Fig.3  of our contribution "Reference Signals for Fast Preamble Search in OFDMA".
 As a result, the reference signal is NOT included in guardband prohibited to carry signal.
 For your understanding, refer to our contribution.

 The reference signal contains the information of remaining symbols to the next preamble.
 SS which obtains the information from the reference signal can stop the exhaustive preamble searching process about the duration of remaining symbols. This makes SS save power considerably.

 Please, Do not misunderstand the usage of guardband.
 The reference signal does not use guardband.

 Best Regards

 Bin-Chul Ihm