[STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] One-step fast cell search and complexity for GCL

Dear Preamble group member,

The document entitled "GCL Sequence Based Fast Cell Search and
Complexity Analysis" was uploaded.

As I mentioned in the morning's conference call, some complexity
analysis on GCL versus PN sequences is included in the document, under
the assumption of using the current preamble structure that uses every
third subcarriers.  In particular, with the one-step cell search that
exploits the GCL property to fast identify the cell ID(s) for initial
access or handover, the complexity is very small (e.g., 1/7-1/8 of the
PN-based cell search at N=1024).  Discussion is always welcome.

In the uploaded document, I also included some facts/properties about
the GCL polyphase sequence.  For more information on PAPR and cross
correlation comparisons with PN sequences, as well as the benefit in
channel estimation performance from the good cross correlation, please
refer to the previous files "80216e-04_PreambleAdhoc_temp001.pdf" (same
as the contribution "IEEE C802.16e-4/241" in the 16e homepage) and
"80216e Comments on Preamble Design.ppt" .

Regards,

- Jeff