From: Masoud OLfat [mailto:molfat@isr.umd.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 2:54 PM
To: Zhu, Peiying [CAR:DP13:EXCH]
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] [PREAMBLE] Aug 23 Preamble Ad-Hoc group CC sum mary

Peiying

I do not know why I cann't send email to List-serv. I can receive email, but cannot send. In any case, I sent the following and it rejected

Good afternoon

In terms of contributions 261, and 327, my comments are (regardless of the sequence used)

1- for 261,
if post-amble is not used, the network entry synchronization and system aquisition is not supported by this scheme.

Besides, I am not sure whether you have discussed the issue of multiple sector preambles or not, but if you have not, what happens to different sectors? Are they going to use the same set of subcarriers? and so the same repetition pattern in time domain?

2- for 327,
- The same multi-sector question as above?
- The backward compatibility issue
- regardless of the backward compatibility issue, repeating the frame on

all frames, might be some kind a waste on the bandwidth.

Masoud