From: owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG]On Behalf Of Iyer, Prakash
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 12:36 AM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [STDS-802-16] [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] [HARMONIZATION] Minutes from 8/23 telecon

Consensus Contributions:  All of the contributions in this section will progress as consensus contributions
C80216e-04_304.pdf  Enhancement of Association using SCAN-REQ/RSP - Harmonization Ad Hoc Consensus Contribution
>> No comments.

C80216e-04_271  Enhancement to Normal Mode to Sleep Mode Transition – Harmonization Ad-hoc Consensus Contribution
>> No comments.

C80216e-04_330  Sleep mode supporting the periodic ranging w compress format of SLP ID fields in MOB_TRF-IND message - Harmonization Ad-Hoc Consensus Contrib
>> No comments.

C80216e-04_280  Enhancements on Neighbor Advertisement Message - Harmonization Ad hoc Consensus Version
>> Masoud (Nextel) to make editorial changes to indicate specific sections in D4 draft under Proposed Changes section

C80216e-04_245  Idle Mode Harmonization - Harmonization Ad-Hoc Consensus Contribution
>> No comments.

C80216e-04_297  Enhanced Paging with Assigned Ranging Code – Harmonization Ad-hoc Consensus Contribution
>> No comments.

Potential Consensus Candidates:
C80216e-04_299.pdf  Short Data Burst Support for MSSs in Sleep Mode
>>  Itzik to send comments to reflector (and reply comments).
>> Will not be consensus. Contribution will be revised based on reply comments.

C80216e-04_305.pdf  Fast DCD/UCD synchronization for sleep mode MSS
>> Updates to be based on reply comments.
>>  Will not be consensus.

PHY Mode/Profile:
C80216e-04_320r1  PHY Profile ID
C80216e-04_343  PHY Mode ID
>> Samsung and Intel attempting to harmonize contributions. Neither to be marked as consensus.

C80216e-04_281  Fast Paging and Broadcast Configuration Update Indication
>> Itzik and John Humbert asked about gain from this contribution.
>> May be revised based on reply comments. Masoud commented that there isn't enough time to complete simulations to demonstrate performance
>> Will not be consensus.

C80216e-04_300.pdf  Enhanced initial ranging and BW request ranging
>> Jungje Son and Mo-Han to continue discussion on reflector.
>> Will not be consensus

MBS:
C80216e-04_259  The discovery of MBS information using portal server
>> Beyond the scope of .16e
C80216e-04_260  The delivery of MBS contents using tunnel
>> Beyond the scope of .16e
C80216e-04_275  MBS (Multicast and Broadcast Service) enhanced for macro-diversity reception
>> Working to harmonize with 359r1
C80216e-04_282  Enhancement Feature for Robust Multimedia Broadcasting
>> PHY layer, skipped on this call

 C80216e-04_359r1  MBS Harmonization
>> MBS map IE - open issue with Alvarion (pending Alvarion f/b)
>> One issue with Intel to be resolved today
>> Being harmonized with 04_275

Will be harmonized following reply comments period. Contribution will not be marked as consensus.

SHO/FBSS:
C80216e-04_332  Fast Anchor BS Switching Feedback Report Mechanism and Sleep Mode Support for SHO and FBSS
Nextel's contribution ?? (previously Nextel.Cont.HybridHandoffwithFastCellSection.v1.pdf )
>> Most of Nextel's concepts are in the contribution except the optional ranging procedure.
>> Will be tagged as consensus; some edits possible based on reply comments and discussions with Nextel
>> Masoud/Kamran send out email with concerns to SHO/FBSS authors' list

Other Contributions:  The contribution on the list below were not discussed
C80216e-04_250r1  A method of shortening the duration of scanning neighbor BSs

C80216e-04_353r1  Compression of Neighbor BS ID using MOB-NBR-ADV message

C80216e-04_306.pdf  Load Balancing in Initial Entries and Handovers in Multi FA systems