        From: owner-stds-802-16@listserv.ieee.org on behalf of Vladimir Yanover
        Sent: Tue 8/31/2004 7:04 AM
        To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
        Subject: [STDS-802-16-MOBILE] Contribution 281, (comment 785)

        Hello,

        This is to clarify my position on 802.16e comment #785 (Contribution #281)

        Change in "configuration change count" is a very rare event.
        BS may never change "DCD configuration change count" and may work hours
        with same "UCD configuration change" count value [typical reason should be
        change in "Ranging/Request Backoff Start/End" UCD parameters].
        Change in DCD/UCD burst profile encodings is yet more rare event
        as it happens only when the BS decides to change meaning of DIUC/UIUC for
        certain burst profiles.

        So reasonable behavior for MSS in Idle mode would be to listen to MAPs, say,
        once a second
        [if PAGING_CYCLE is greater than 1 sec]. Then the MSS will definitely
        capture change
        in "configuration change count" values. In this case it will continue
        reception until DCD/UCD comes.
        As the MSS is listening to MAPs only once a second, power may be saved and
        there is
        no need in additional signaling.

        Vladimir

        This mail was sent via mail.alvarion.com