[STDS-802-16] SS last operational parameters

Section 6.3.9.1 (802.16-2004 D5) states that: “On initialization or after signal loss, the SS shall acquire a downlink channel. The SS shall have nonvolatile storage in which the last operational parameters are stored and shall first try to reacquire this downlink channel. If this fails, it shall begin to continuously scan the possible channels of the downlink frequency band of operation until it finds a valid downlink signal”.

I think that going to the last operational parameters as default is not always optimal. Assuming an SS is installed and establishes connection with a certain BS – the relevant operational parameters will be stored. Assume now that a new BS is installed from which the SS can receive a better service (more efficient modulation). Since the SS is required to establish connection with parameters from the nonvolatile memory first, it will not be able to connect to the new BS.

I suggest replace “shall” with “may” in the paragraph above.

Eyal