From: jjlee@itri.org.tw [mailto:jjlee@itri.org.tw]
Sent: 29 November 2004 03:24
To: Mark Thomas
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-16] Is "provisioned authorization model" equivalent to "static authorization model"?

Hi,
Your reply really helps me a lot, thank you. You are right, the term ''DSx'' is confusing, however, according to my recognition the provisioned service flow can be created manually at the SS and the BS and use DSC-REQ to activate it (6.3.14.6.1 Provisioned service flows). But I read some article (Intel Technology Journal vol 8, iss03 - ''IEEE 802.16 Medium Access Control and Service Provisioning'' page p.220) and it says that the BS will use DSA to create a pre-provisioned service flow. That is another confusing thing, since according to definition the provisioned service flow, it is assigned a SFID while it being created and the service flow should already exist before the SS entering the network. I think DSC is more appropriate since the provisioned service flow is already exist.

Best Regards,
Chi-Chen Lee
Industrial Technology Research Institute Computer & Communications Research Lab.