[STDS-802-16] 802.16e-D10 "preview" draft

Title: 802.16e-D10 "preview" draft

To all 802.16 members;

At the 802.16 closing Plenary in San Francisco, it was agreed that, if possible, we should try and have a “preview” of the 802.16e-D10 draft prior to its formal submission for recirculation.  The purpose of the “preview” would be to solicit comments regarding the correct editorial incorporation of all the comments and contributions from the San Francisco meeting.  The sole intent is to try and insure that the document is in good editorial shape prior to submission.

Our tireless editor, Ron Murias, with the help of a few others (thank you all), has finished his initial cut of the D10 draft and it is available for “preview” comments.  Both the “preview” draft and the comment database (80216-05_045r3.zip) with editors comments can be accessed from the members-only private site at <http://dot16.org/private/drafts/tge>.

Some rules regarding this “preview” comment cycle:

a) This is NOT an official comment cycle.  As stated above, this reviews sole purpose is ensure that the comment resolutions of the last meeting have been correctly applied to the draft.  Therefore, only comments of an editorial nature on the changes made between D9 and D10 will be accepted.  Any comments that attempt to revise technical content will be ignored.

b) To simplify the generation and compilation of comments, we are requesting that they be submitted in Excel spreadsheet form with the following column headings:

Submitters Name; Section; Page; Line; Comment; Suggested Remedy

c) In order to meet the IEEE submission deadline, review time is extremely short.   The editor will not have the time to go searching around for issues that have been sent without Section/Page/Line values, so every comment field must be filled out or the comment will be ignored.

d)  Comments must be uploaded to the 802.16 temp directory at <http://www.dot16.org/CSUpload/CSUpload.cgi> no later than 12:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time (9 AM PST), Monday, August 8th in order to be considered.  Late comments will be ignored.

I know these rules may seem a little onerous, but this is the only way we can see to do this and meet the IEEE submission schedule.  Im sure people will do their best.

Brian Kiernan

TGe Chair