Re: [STDS-802-16] FW: [STDS-802-16] questions regarding 802.16e WMAN-OFDMA?

All the 42 in case of Broadcasting only (as far as the Phy)

From: Youssef Abdelilah [mailto:youssefa@EARTHLINK.NET]
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 5:23 PM
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [STDS-802-16] FW: [STDS-802-16] questions regarding 802.16e WMAN-OFDMA?

Dear all,

Target System: WMAN-OFDMA with 10 MHz bandwidth, frame period of 5 ms, TDD mode, 1024 fixed FFT points, and 42 symbols in a frame.

Questions:

1. The sizes for DL subframe and UL subframe in one TDD frame are supposed to be given to PHY layer from the above layer (it is written in the spec); what is the worst case for the DL subframe size. In other words, among 42 symbols in a frame what would be the largest number of symbols that can be assigned to DL subframe.

2. The largest and smallest time for RTG (Receiver - Transmitter Gap) between two consecutive frames.

3. Each SS (Subscriber Station) or MS (Mobile Station) have to process only specific DL bursts (i.e, not all DL bursts)?

-- If so, what parameters that PHY can expect from the above layer and also, what are the range of the parameters?

4. In each DL_MAP_IE of WMAN-OFDMA, information of the size and the location of each logical DL burst are provided as following 4 parameters, 'OFDMA_Symbol Offset', 'subchannel offset', 'No. OFDMA symbols', and 'No. subchannels'. Though it's not clear, we assume that 'No. subchannels' indicates the number of subchannels corresponding to one symbol (i.e., not whole number of subchannels in a burst). What is the maximum value of those parameters for the system we described above?

The problem that I see is that if we take the maximum as the largest number from the bits, one DL burst can take whole frame. Thus, I am wondering if there is any rule to regulate the burst size beyond those parameter expression.

5. (This question is somewhat related to the question 3 & 4) Is it possible that whole DL subframe can be assigned to a single user? If so, the whole information for the single user can be put into one single burst or have to be in multi-bursts?

Thank you,

Youssef Abdelilah