Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] Question on Idle mode in IEEE 802.16e

Sang-Jin Kim:

In Idle mode a mobile may move around and perform various Location Updates with other BSs. CID pertain to the last serving BS, which may not serve that MS any more (as it moves around in Idle mode). Therefore, there is no compelling reason to store the CIDs in the Paging Controller. So yes, CIDs become irrelevant for Idle MS and can be deleted or re-used by other MS.

Peretz Feder