[STDS-802-16] 802.16-2004 mesh mode

Hi evrybody,

I have recently begun my phd work mainly on 802.16 mesh networks.
I have a set of question that i couldn't find answers for. They are the following:
- If I have well understood 802.16-2004 standard, in mesh

mode, all nodes uses the same frame to schedule and transmit
data using TDMA access. This means that nodes signal could
reach any node in the mesh network. In the other hand, when
resolving contention (control subframe), each node consider

only its extended neighbourhood (2-hop neighbors) to set Next
Xmt Time. Is there any contradiction in this?
- Could we consider a case when nodes are geographically very
spaced . But, nodes could ensure radio connectivity with a

set of neighbors. Do the 802.16-2004 specifications still
applicable in this case (the use of a single frame) ?
- What are the cretiria used to decide the establishment or
not of neighbour links ?
- What is the use of 3-Hop neighbourhood type in the Network

Descriptor IE (802.16-2004)

Thank you in advance
RT