[STDS-802-16] Basic AMC Query

Hi :
       I have referred to 802.16d standard for adaptive modulation coding.
I have a basic query. As per my understanding ,
4 bins make a band and 6 consecutive bins in a band make a subchannel.
My question to the forum members is when does one use a band allocation
and when a subchannel type of allocation. Also if i have to implement
a 2X3 AMC , i read elsewhere that 2x3 refers to 2 bins x3 symbols. How does
one decide which configuration to choose from- 1x6,2x3,3x2,6x1?

Aparna
The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender or administrator@tataelxsi.co.in