From: Muthukumar Pitchai [mailto:Muthukumar.Pitchai@LNTINFOTECH.COM]
Sent: ד 28 יוני 2006 9:17
To: STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] Fw: [STDS-802-16] PDU SN quick questions

Hi Elad,

1.         As far as my perception is concerned your assumption towards the first question is right. Two cosecutive PDU's must have two consecutive sequence numbers that's ofcourse  its significance is.
If two consecutive PDUs are numbered PDU SN x and PDU SN y, then
y= ((x+1)modulo 0xFF) incase of PDU SN short and,
y= ((x+1)modulo 0xFFFF) incase of PDU SN long.
2.        My perception towards your second question, In sec 11.13.35 of std 16e, it is mentioned that a single connection can have more than one HARQ channels (sub-burst), hence a single connection can have simultaneously operated multiple Stop&Wait protocols running in (Not one) by which the sequencing of the MAC PDU packets is not ensured. Hence extended SN is required in MAC PDU and can't be wasteful.

Rgds,
P.Muthukumar
Sr.Software Engineer
Communication and Embedded Systems,
Larsen &Toubro Infotech,
Bangalore,INDIA

Elad Eyal <Elad.eyal@COMSYSMOBILE.COM>
06/26/2006 07:11 PM
Please respond to
Elad Eyal <Elad.eyal@COMSYSMOBILE.COM>

STDS-802-16@listserv.ieee.org
cc

Subject
[STDS-802-16] PDU SN quick questions

Hello

I'm in need of some clarifications regarding PDU SN.

1. Section 6.3.2.2.7.8 says that PDU SN "Specify the PDU sequence number in a monotonic increasing manner." If two consecutive PDUs are numbered PDU SN x and PDU SN y, is it OK to assume y=x+1, or only that y>x ?

2. If an HARQ sub-burst holds several MAC PDUs and the connection has PDU SN enabled, the PDU SN extended subheader is added to every PDU in the sub-burst. Isn't this wasteful?

Thank you,

Elad Eyal
Software Architect
Comsys
Tel +972 (9) 9717895
Fax +972 (9) 9717887
elad.eyal@comsysmobile.com
www.comsysmobile.com
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **