[STDS-802-16] [MMR-AH-UM] Minutes from 6/29 Meeting of Multihop Relay Usage Model Ad Hoc Group

Meeting Time: Thursday June 29, 2006 06:00 – 08:00 PDT

Venue: conference call

I want to thank all of the participants of the Ad Hoc group for their time, effort, and willingness to compromise in pulling together the harmonized Usage Model contribution.

Minutes:

- Please let me know if I’ve missed any participants.

- The following minutes capture the major points of discussion and agreement/disagreement. I did not attempt to capture everybody’s statements/positions in the minutes. If I have omitted anything significant, please let me know

1)       Group agreed to not mention that repeaters can be used to extend the link between the MMR-BS and RS.

2)       Group agreed to make the following changes to the Summary section (section 8):

·         Remove the Complexity column and update footnote to state that RSs of all levels of complexity can be used in all usage models

·         Remove the Ownership column from the table and modify the footnote to state that both operator and client owned RSs can be used in all usage models

·         Remove the Link type column and modify the footnote to state that all link types are used in all scenarios.

3)       Add “in tunnel and underground locations” as examples of In building coverage (in section 5.2 and section 8)

4)       Group discussed the removal of the first sentence in section 6.3 “In all of the usage models described in section ý4, all data communications occur between the MMR-BS and MSs through zero or more RSs.” There was not consensus to either remove or keep the sentence. The group agreed to leave the sentence in the document, but to add an editors note indicating that there is not consensus on whether it should be in the document and to move the debate up to the TG level.

5)       Group agreed that the co-author list should include all ad hoc participants who have not indicated that they do not wish to be included on the list.

6)       Group agreed with the following conclusions to be put into the report on the Ad Hoc group to the TG

·         The group has achieved its objective of creating a harmonized document with majority consensus support. (The one exception is the sentence mentioned above).

·         The group recommends that the harmonized document be proposed as the baseline for the 802.16j TG Usage Models document.

Attendees:

Andrew Baek - Triocom

Dharma Basgeet – Toshiba

Sungcheol Chang – ETRI

Aik Chindapol – Siemens

Shulan Feng - Huawei

I-Kang Fu - ITRI

Ching-Tarng Hsieh - ITRI

Heng-Iang Hsu – Institute for Information Industry

Kyeongsoo (Joseph) Kim – STMicroelectronics

Peng-Yong Kong – I2R

Yung-Ting Lee – Institute for Information Industry

Youn-Tai Lee  -- Institute for Information Industry

Sungjin Lee - Samsung

Kanchei (Ken) Loa – Institute for Information Industry

Mohsin Mollah – Motorola

Mitsuo Nohara – KDDI

Shashikant Maheshwari - Nokia

Asa Masahito – Motorola

Shyamal Ramachandran - motorola

Frank Ren - ITRI

Gamini Senarath – Nortel

Ariel Sharon – Motorola

Gang Shen - Alcatel

Shiann-Tsang Sheu – Institute for Information Industry

DJ Shyy – MITRE

David Steer - Nortel

Yong Sun - Toshiba

Jerry Sydir - Intel

Frank C. D.Tsai - III

Haiguang Wang – I2R

Jen-Shun Yang - ITRI

Hua-Chiang Yin – Institute for Information Industry

Derek Yu – Nortel