From: owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG [mailto:owner-stds-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG] On Behalf Of #ERNEST KURNIAWAN#
Sent: 31 March 2005 12:10
To: STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [STDS-802-16] Error in section 8.3.3.5.3 of 802.11-2004 STD

Hi Ambroise,

If there are 90 bits at the output of the randomizer, then all the steps after the randomizer are correct. But I am not clear on where does the additional 10 zeros tail come from. The original input data is 80 bits. After randomizer, the randomized data will be also 80 bits, and then we pad 8 zeros as a tail, creating 88 bit length of data. Where do the additional two zeros come from? And which section of the standard specifies such rule?

By the way, you mentioned about the corrigendum. May I know if that document is available publicly?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Ernest