[STDS-802-16] Note: +++IEEE 802.16 Letter Ballot #24 (on P802.16h/D1) is now open+++

I'd like to clarify a Commentary feature relevant to LB #24 (and LB
#20).

In previous versions of Commentary, comments could be marked
"Binding" or "Non-binding". This terminology was borrowed years ago
from another 802 WG, but the wording is mysterious.

In Commentary 2, the wording is changed. When you enter your comment
(on the Member/Comment Entry view), you are asked to label your
comment "Type" as Technical or Editorial. After the "Type" field you
see a checkbox labeled "Part of Dis". This is how you indicate that
it is part of your Disapprove vote; i.e., "Binding".

I've posted a 2.12beta version <http://dot16.org/Commentary> that
includes a pop-up help message explaining this checkbox. It reads
"Check this box if this comment must be satisfied in order to convert
your Disapprove vote to Approve. If you vote Approve, you should not
check this box."

P.S. Commentary 2.12beta includes a few other minor improvements, but
you need not upgrade. One minor issue is that the on-line membership
status is not working in 2.11beta because I failed to include the URL
<http://ieee802.org/16/memberlist.html> in the Member List URL field
(under Chair's View/Set Globals). You can fix this in 2.11beta
yourself. Or you can use 2.12beta. Or you can ignore it, because it's
just a minor convenience factor for the user.

Regards,

Roger