[STDS-802-16] About Power Saving Classes

Dear All,

I have confusion about the behavior of power saving classes:

1. Based on the format of the MOB_SLP-RSP message, will the MS get more than one SLPID, one for each power saving class type I with Traffic Indication Required = 1?

Based on the answer of this question, we can determine if the MOB_TRF_IND will refer to the whole MS or a certain PSC.

2. Will the MS be able to send and receive MAC SDUs during the listening windows of power saving class type I, in this case the behavior of power saving class type I and power saving class type II will be the same?

3. As stated in the standard, power saving class type I is recommended for connection with BE, NRT-VR types, power saving class type II is recommended for connection with UGS, RT-VR types, and Power Saving Class type III is recommended for multicast connections as well as for management operations, but based on RFC 2119 "RECOMMENDED = SHOULD", so should we restrict to these rules or management connections like basic CID can be added to power saving class type I for example?

4. For the MS to enter unavailability interval, all connections must be defined in power saving classes, all the PSCs must be active, and the sleep windows of all PSCs intersect.

In the case of only one active power saving class is supported, to activate a PSC, the already active PSC must be first deactivated, see page 149 corr2 D3. In this case the MS according to the fore mentioned conditions shall never enter unavailability interval?

Best Regards,

Hossam Abdallah

--

Hossam Abdallah,

System Engineer, Embedded Wireless Systems

SySDSoft Inc.

www.sySDSoft.com