[STDS-802-16] Update: Outcome of special meeting of WP8F on new IMT-2000 radio interface

As I mentioned on 7 September, WP 8F decided in its Seoul meeting to
provide revisions of three ITU-R recommendations to the Study Group 8
Chairman. Here is a brief update.

The Chairman of SG 8, considering the input from WP 8F, has decided
to forward the proposed revisions to the Radiocommunication Assembly
(RA) for consideration. Accordingly, RA documents 8/1006, 8/1007 and
8/1008 have been made available, encompassing the draft revisions of
M.1457, M.1580, and M.1581, respectively. The SG 8 Chairman has also
provided an addendum to his Chairman's Report, noting the progress of
the Special Meeting and attaching statements from two Member States
and from a group of sector members.

The RA will be considering the approval of these three draft
revisions when it meets on 15-19 October.

Roger