From: Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET>
Date: January 18, 2008 03:37:53 PM MST
Subject: [802SEC] In memory of David James

Dear EC members,

I received shocking and saddening news yesterday that one of our members, David V James, passed away on Tuesday this week.  David was a great (and prolific) contributor to several 802 standards, and a respected member of the IEEE SA RAC and Microprocessor Standards Committee.  Altough I didn't know him that well personally or professionally, when I did spend time with him he always struck me as someone who aimed for perfection and a a result improved the quality of our standards. I am particularly saddened for his family and friends, for I think he was around my age and had a full life yet to live.

Dave's family intends to hold a celebration of life after a couple of months have passed. Condolences can be sent to:
Mrs. Barbara James, Silja, and Spencer
3180 South Court
Palo Alto, CA 94306

May he rest in peace.

--Paul

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.