[STDS-802-16] Report on ITU-R WP 5D Meeting #5

I have uploaded the following contribution:

Report to IEEE 802.16 Working Group on ITU-R WP 5D Meeting #5 (IEEE C802.16-09/0004)

This reports on the activities in the meeting that concluded on Wednesday. The report includes references to a number of associated documents and liaison statements that will be of interest to the 802.16 WG. I have already uploaded the current versions of these documents <http://ieee802.org/16/liaison> so that our members can refer to them until the official versions are available.

The report primarily addresses two issues:

(a) IMT-2000: WP 5D agreed without objection to submit, to its parent Study Group, draft Revision 9 of the IMT-2000 recommendation (M.1457). The output document includes the proposal basically as submitted by IEEE, with reference to IEEE Std 802.16-2009 and to both TDD and FDD modes. Study Group 5 will consider the draft in November. A plan for Revision 10 was agreed.

(b) IMT-Advanced: Several communications were developed in response to IEEE's contribution and to the other identified candidate IMT-Advanced proposal (from 3GPP). Additional information was developed for use by the proponents and by the evaluation groups. This material should be reviewed by WG members for its relevance to self-evaluation and the 802.16m EMD.

The report includes my recommendations regarding followup actions.

Regards,

Roger

Dr. Roger B. Marks  <r.b.marks@ieee.org>
Vice President - Technology Standards, WiMAX Forum
Chair, IEEE 802.16 Working Group on Broadband Wireless Access <http://WirelessMAN.org>