From: Youngsoo Yuk [mailto:youngsoo.yuk@lge.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 13, 2010 12:27 AM
To: jaeweon.cho@samsung.com; STDS-802-16@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Cc: minseok.oh@lge.com
Subject: RE: [STDS-802-16] [16m] Outcome of Multicarrier Adhoc discussion (July 12, Evening)

Dear Jaewon and all,

Thank you for your effort to improve the std for MC.

Im sorry not to be there to help you.

About the todays result on MC comment resolution(#342,343), Ive submitted my reply comments on the server.

Unfortunately they didnt included in commentary file, and my some concerns might not be shown.

About the number of bits for physical carrier index,

I think 3bit-long is too short to include all possible combinations.

3bit means 8 carrier types can be deployed.

Practically ABS may not have such many carriers I agree. But, the number of the physical carrier is not the number of the carriers in an ABS.

It means all possible carrier type in a network.

For example, if an network has three types of ABSs in the same frequency band,

-       10 + 10 aggregated (AAI + Mixed) PCI 0, PCI 1  (Down Town)

-       2x 10 (mixed)  - PCI 2, PCI 3  (Urban)

-       10 (mixed) - PCI 2 or PCI 3 (sub-urban or rural)

Because the configurations are different, 4 different physical carrier indices(PCI) are required.

If the operator has two bands (2.3GHz and 2.5 GHz and 20MHz each), and same three types of ABSs exist,  8 PCI should be assigned.

If the operator has another band at FDD band è we should add more PCI and How can we do with 3 bit?

We can also consider the following case

-       Some operator doesnt have frequency band at a rural area can lease a carrier from different operator in a different band.

-       40MHz with 4x10 with different MCIs.

If 6 bit is not a severe overhead, I hope to keep the number of bits as 6 bits.

I just hope you can have a time to think about it.

Thank you for reading this.

BR

Youngsoo