[STDS-802-16] Fwd: 802.22 Letter to the WPC for 470 - 698 MHz Operation (India)

Please let me know if you have any comments on this letter.

Roger

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mody, Apurva (US SSA)" <apurva.mody@baesystems.com>
Date: 8 February 2011 10:26:34 PM PST
To: "Roger B. Marks" <r.b.marks@ieee.org>
Cc: "MJLynch@mjlallc.com" <MJLynch@mjlallc.com>, John Notor <gnu@notor.com>, Gerald Chouinard <gerald.chouinard@crc.ca>, Winston Caldwell <Winston.Caldwell@fox.com>
Subject: 802.22 Letter to the WPC for 470 - 698 MHz Operation (India)

Hi Roger,

The 802.22 Working Group would like to submit the following letter
to the Wireless Planning and Co-ordination (WPC) Advisor in India through Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. This letter was discussed during the 802.18 telecon held on Tuesday, Feb. 8th.

We (802.22) would like to endorse the IIT Bombay proposal for license-exempt use in the 470 – 698 MHz spectrum in India. IITs are the premier Engineering institutes in India. IIT academics are very well respected all around the world and they have been known to work closely with the Indian Govt. in the advisory role. The IIT-Bombay proposal has been attached for your reference.

Please review the letter and let us know your comments if any by Monday, Feb. 14th COB.

Many thanks

Apurva

Apurva N. Mody, Ph. D.

Chair, IEEE 802.22 Standard Working Group
BAE Systems
Technology Solutions
130 Daniel Webster Highway, Mail Stop 2350
Merrimack, NH 03054
Work: (603)885 2621, Mobile: (603)-809-0459