[STDS-802-16] [16p NEAH][Scenario] Discussion on simulation scenarios

Dear 16p members,

According to the schedule for Network Entry Ad Hoc (NEAH) announced before, I’d like to initiate discussion on simulation scenarios. In an Ad Hoc document “Evaluation Guideline for Comparison of Network Entry Solutions.doc” uploaded in temp directory, I would like to suggest 3 simple scenarios for technical comparison as discussed in Lake Louise meeting.

In scenario 1, only fixed M2M devices are considered but 2 kinds of network reentries (device-initiated & network initiated) are considered. Therefore, we can simulate any solutions which can be applied for both network reentries in the scenario 1.

In scenario 2, only mobile M2M devices are considered. But, both network reentries are considered in the same scenario as in scenario 1.

Scenario 3 is applicable for power outage case only. Therefore, only device-initiated network reentry is considered in scenario 3.

If you have comments on the scenarios listed in the Ad Hoc document, please share your opinion with Ad Hoc members. Don't forget to put a prefix [16p NEAH][Scenario] into subject of e-mail.

I’ll modify the Ad Hoc document based on e-mail discussion and finalize the modification during the first conference call.

Regards,

Jaesun Cha (NEAH Chair)