[STDS-802-16] Request to 802.16 M2M TG by 802.16 ITU-R LG on ITU-R WP5A documents on M2M

All,

I have a request from Takashi Shono, the ITU-Liaison Official for 802.16:

The ITU-R WP 5A is developing new Recommendation and Report pertaining to M2M, which will be finalized in November.

Regardless of outcome of their June meeting, however, we should be ready for input contributions to WP 5A at our July meeting if we want to submit contributions, which will be basically the only meeting to get approval from EC for ITU-R submissions.

Any publication in ITU-R has a tremendous impact on the industry as well as government decision all over the world. M2M is not an exception, so if we want to reflect our position to ITU-R publication then we have to submit contributions anyway.

I would like to ask you to request the M2M TG members on the reflector to review the following documents (uploaded on the 802.16 ITU-R LG website), noting the importance of this, and provide feedbacks by our July meeting. We can get to know outcome of the June WP 5A meeting before our July meeting and we can make a decision at our July meeting on how to deal with this.

1. Liaison statement from WP 5A on wide area sensor and/or actuator network (WASN) systems (2010-12-07)

2. Preliminary draft new Recommendation ITU-R M.[LMS.WASN] - Objectives, characteristics and requirements of wide-area sensor and/or actuator network (WASN) systems (2010-11-17)

3. Working document towards a preliminary draft new Report ITU-R M.[LMS.WASN STUDY] - System design guidelines for wide area sensor and/or actuator network (WASN) systems (2010-11-17)

The original documents can be found at the following WP 5A website:
Section 6.5 - Liaison statement to external organizations on "Wide-area sensor and/or actuator network (WASN) systems"
Annex 10 - Preliminary draft new Recommendation ITU-R M.[LMS.WASN] - Objectives, characteristics and requirements of wide-area sensor and/or actuator network (WASN) systems
Annex 11 - Working document towards a preliminary draft new Report ITU-R M.[LMS.WASN STUDY] - System design guidelines for wide area sensor and/or actuator network (WASN) systems

We need to prepare input contributions to WP 5A in July, and I think the best way to get started is to ask for a volunteer to coordinate the work on an input contribution.  Please let me know if you are able to spend a little time on this task.

Regards,
Ron Murias
M2M Chair