[STDS-802-16] Fwd: [802SEC] P802.16Rev4 Revision PAR for Friday EC meeting

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jon Rosdahl <jrosdahl@ieee.org>
Date: March 16, 2016 at 1:33:14 AM GMT+8
To: "Roger B. Marks" <r.b.marks@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] P802.16Rev4 Revision PAR for Friday EC meeting

Roger,
   I have the following comments on your Revision PAR:
8.1 is for explanatory notes, and should include the section number that you are providing explanation for.  The text in 8.1 is a duplicate of section 5.5 which is the appropriate place for that text.  I would suggest that the text currently in 8.1 be deleted.

You have used a format of the PAR form that causes extra fields to be present.  This also causes you to miss information that should be included. Officer fields while populated by the system, are not shown in your version.  Having the myProject provide the PDF version of the draft PAR populates the fields to show that all the information has been collected.

 In 5.3, you indicated "YES" but no details are provided.  This should include the details of what is the dependent standard.

5.1 In general, having less than 10 people involved in a standard raises questions on the relevance of the standard and the interest being sufficient to warrant the standard.  If the interest to participate in creating the standard is truly only 5, it may not be sufficient to warrant the effort.

Respectfully submitted,
Jon
IEEE 802 Executive Secretary

Jon Rosdahl                 Engineer, Senior Staff
office: 801-492-4023      Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
cell:   801-376-6435      10871 North 5750 West
                                   Highland, UT 84003

A Job is only necessary to eat!

A Family is necessary to be happy!!