From: RDLove [mailto:rdlove@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 3:47 PM
To: Leon Bruckman; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Phy Layer question

With regard to Leon's statement:
"I recommend that the RPR WG come up with a list of "preferred" phys for RPR
(My opinion: SONET/SDH and GE) and define their interface with RPR in some
detail, and have a general statement for other phys."

I will risk being redundant, and restate my belief that each PHY we support
will require a chapter in our standard that very specifically states how we
interface to it.  There is no need to list "preferred" PHYs.  We will have
separate chapters discussing how to use the PHYs we support.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
Chair, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 720 222-0900