[RPRWG] RPR Perf: Non-uniform distribution

Khaled and members of the Perf. Adhoc committee,

Given that all implementations seem to have destination stripping that
results in spatial reuse, it's not clear in my mind what we gain out of
running simulations with randomly and uniformly distributed
source/destination pairs. I believe that the uniform distribution will not
provide enough information that would help demonstrate the differences in
performance characteristics of various proposed architectures. All it does
is show that we get some spatial reuse, which we know all implementations
do.

I would like to suggest that we make the destination addresses distributed
non-uniformly which can show some more interesting performance
characteristics of various architectures that are being proposed. For
example, how about something like 80% to dest-A and some other distribution
to other destination nodes. Another idea would be to have 90% to neighboring
node A, and 10% to the other neighboring node B.

Komal Rathi
Lantern Communications