RE: [RPRWG] Topology Discovery Timer.

If we focus on the SONET/SDH & Ethernet PHYs, each have a means of expressing
"neighbour status".
SONET --> LOS, LOF, AIS.
Ethernet ->  Link Status.
Each of these signals are available in the ms time range.

Why couldn't those signals be leveraged? They do not need to be referred to
directly as "SONET AIS" signal for example in the core spec.  Some specific
inter-working sections could go about explaining how to map the SONET/Ethernet
link status signals to the 802.17 link status signal.

jld.
marconi networks.