Re: [RPRWG] Merits of Open Loop

Adisak,

The purpose was not to focus on terminology.  Open loop is from point of
view of the congested node.  It does not send feedback messages to other
nodes, short of dropping packets. End hosts discover congestion through time
outs. TCP is of course the protocol in mind.

Siamack

Adisak Mekkittikul wrote:

> Siamack,
>
> What's do you mean by " open loop congestion controls"?
> Are you implying that there are open loop systems in today's networks
> that being controlled?
>
> Adisak

begin:vcard
n:Ayandeh;Siamack
tel;fax:781 271 9988
tel;work:781 276 4192
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.onexco.com
org:Onex Communications Corporation
adr:;;34 Crosby Drive;Bedford;MA;01730;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:sayandeh@xxxxxxxxxx
title:Senior Consulting Engineer
end:vcard