[RPRWG] Circulation of Comment Database

Colleagues,

A zip archive containing the two files required to allow you
to see all of the comments submitted by all of the commenters
has at last been uploaded to the database. It is available at

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/17/member/draftballots/index.htm

in the file "D0_1_recirc_01.zip".

I apologize for the delay. There were some unexpected technical
difficulties caused by the e-mail system not only rejecting the
comment files, but also corrupting them on the second attempt.
We will be addressing these issues so that they do not arise
during the D1.0 comment cycle.

In order to download and view the comments, please follow the
procedure given on Page 5 of the Commentary User's Guide
(available at

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/17/member/draftballots/index.htm

in the file "CRD_Instructions_v2.pdf"). Follow the instructions
carefully and completely.

After pruning blank comment records, the total number of comments
stands at 619. If you do not see this total when you load the files
into your version of the CRD, please let me know. Also, if you
do not see a comment that you may have submitted, please notify
me immediately with details.

You may wish to propose and submit resolutions to comments
from others. (Please do NOT attempt to propose and submit
resolutions to comments submitted by yourself!!). If you
would like to do this, please follow the procedure given on
Pages 18 - 22 of the Commentary User's Guide to enter your
resolutions, and then follow the steps on Pages 26 - 27
of the same to submit your comments to me.

As previously mentioned, the CRD will be finally frozen and
distributed to the editors on Saturday. If you have resolutions
to propose, please do it by then. Otherwise, you can simply
participate in the comment resolution sessions at the St. Louis
Plenary and provide these resolutions at that time.

Best regards,

- Tom Alexander
Chief Editor, P802.17

P.S. Several people failed to properly follow the output and
submission procedures detailed on Pages 11-12 and Pages 24-25
of the Commentary User's Guide. The most common error was to
rename the CommentaryData.USR file to something else and send
it to me. This causes unnecessary time and trouble spent
in recovering your comments. Please follow the procedures in
the User's Guide EXACTLY. Ignore anything that the CRD program
itself may tell you.