RE: [RPRWG] A problem with fairness messages

John,

For the moment, I would prefer to say that type-A messges
are coded to be stripped by the downstream station.

Some others think that TTL would start at 255 and be decremented,
with other stations (of lower congestion) simply decrementing TTL
and passing the message through. This makes it easy to determine
the source of the message, while enforcing a common convention
(from at least this perspective) of TTL updating.

On the distinctive uses for TTL, only the distance from source
is consistent with the simple start-at-255 methodology, so I
continue to advocate one and only one TTL update protocol.

So, I think this one needs further discussion on encoding.
I would (for the moment) mention downstream addressing as
a need to be addressed by the BAH, which is addressing the
addressing issue currently.

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect