RE: [RPRWG] A problem with fairness messages

Robert,

Hope is all going well.
I beg to differ with your statement:
>> We still need to be able to set the TTL to something
>> less than 255 to allow for bidirectional flooding of
>> user data frames.

The DSID proposed by the BAH can be used to specify the
strip point and a distinct flooding bit can be used to
specify the flooding mode. Not only is that possible,
its preferred to having the TTL decrement be messy,
as in frame-type-dependent and run-side-dependent,
as would be the case if used as suggested.

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect
Network Processing Solutions