RE: [RPRWG] control TTL (the 255-station and 2000-km issue)

Mike,

With respect to:

> an advantage of wrapping over steering is
> that since the decision is local it can be
> done quicker and there is a much lower
> degree of packet loss...

This is only true if the wrapped frames are not discarded
before the distribution of new topology information,
which is the case with the selective-no-decrement TTL
rules being proposed by some(:>).

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect