RE: [RPRWG] control TTL (the 255-station and 2000-km issue)

Mike,

Relative to documenting proposals and the
following:
>>That is a fair request David, and I will do
>>my best to accomdate it.

I look forward to that time, whereupon
data (as opposed to email perserverse) will
conquer.

>>Don't get me wrong, I do like your slick trick,
>>but your solution is to change the frame format
>>and add new features, whereas I am working to
>>fix the currently approved text.

I believe all bridge proposals have some format
change required. Shouldn't matter, since it better
to force the encoding to provide the desired
functionality, rather than force-fit the
functionality to the pre-ordained encoding(:>).

DVJ

David V. James, PhD
Chief Architect
Network Processing Solutions
Data Communications Division
Cypress Semiconductor, Bldg #3
3901 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95134-1599
Work: +1.408.545.7560
Cell: +1.650.954.6906
Fax:  +1.408.456.1962
Work: djz@xxxxxxxxxxx
Base: dvj@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>>> 2) A single-stations failure of (1) generates a duplicate