From: Marc Holness [mailto:holness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2002 12:13 PM
To: djz@xxxxxxxxxxx; Mike Takefman
Cc: David V. James; Anoop Ghanwani; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RPRWG] RE: Evaluation of timeToLive alternatives

One of the BAH requirements on the Frame Structure is to support station identification. All (currently revised to 3) options can provide station identification.

At the next BAH meeting (Wednesday 2002Jul03), BAH will attempt to collectively decide upon the list of requirements on the Frame structure. This list will be provided to the Clause 8 Technical Editor for incorporation into the draft. In addition, BAH will be providing a list of viable Frame structures that support the requirements to the Technical Editor.

The BAH requirements on the Frame structure have not been closed off yet. We have received some new requirements from the Flooding analysis BAH sub-team that have semantical requirements on the Frame structure. NOTE: The other areas of BAH also produce requirements on the Frame structure.

At next week's BAH meeting, we hope to get agreement on the Flooding analysis (DVJ on behalf of the Flooding sub-team, has sent out revised Draft text today). We also hope to get agreement on our Bridging proposals and roadmap. Once this is done, then BAH is in a position to see the resulting list of Frame structure requirements (both syntactic and semantic).

Marc.