RE: [RPRWG] Question on ClassB client traffic

Anoop,

We could use the same SendX signalling to convey to the
client to either send or not send the next packet. This
could be due to running out of tokens or buffer fill
conditions. Either way, client has to stop, right?

TTL_to_congestion is controlled by the incoming fair rate
messages from downstream nodes. So insert traffic would
have to be rate limited based on the TTL value of the
client packets. Right now in the draft, I not see a way
defined to indicate to the client not to send packets
beyond a certain TTL value. And SendX de-assertion
cannot be used in this case, since packets with a TTL
value less than TTL_to_congestion may still have tokens
to enter the ring.

pm
PS: how come i see your reply posted even before i see
my mail posted on the group? ;-)