From: Manav Bhatia [mailto:manav@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 7:10 AM
To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RPRWG] Wait To Restore

Hi,
Is there any proposal to damp a flapping link if it flaps beyond some
threshold value? I am looking for exponential decay wherein if it remains
stable till some time length then it will again be considered fit for use.
IMHO we must penalize a link more if it flaps severely or more often than a
link which flaps lesser number of times and less
vigorously. Using the WTR we don't differentiate between the two cases
since both of them are advertised if they remain stable for some time
period which is specified in the WTR.

What do others feel about this?

Regards,
Manav
----
"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you
sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."

-Albert Einstein, on relativity