From: Manav Bhatia [mailto:manav@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2002 9:07 PM
To: John Lemon; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Wait To Restore

John,
After the link has flapped certain nos of times (or whatever the criteria
is) we declare the link to be down i.e we damp its coming up believing that
it is unstable and can go down any time. We then observe that the link has
been stable for quite some time now .. so when do we make it come up again
i.e when will the other links start hearing from it?

If its left to the vendor to do that then i am afraid we can have some
problems.

/Manav