[RPRWG] Comments on July Meeting Minutes

Thank you Vinay for taking minutes during our July meeting.  Attached are my comments on the draft minutes which are posted at http://www.ieee802.org/17/documents/presentations/jul2002/minutes_071102_d01.pdf.  All working group members should review those minutes for accuracy.

Tom, others, please check the motion numbers.  The motions numbers (for motions 1 - 10) listed prior to page 11 of the minutes do not appear to correspond to the same motion numbers for the motions referenced on Pages 11 - 20 of the minutes.  I have assembled all the motions I received from Mike Takefman in a doc file attached to this note.  Please use that and other information you may have to develop a consistent set of motion numbers.

My comments on the minutes:

For clarity please include in the minutes the name and url of the official data base file that contains all the comments and comment resolutions to Draft 0.3.  For example the status of the resolution of comment 610, specified on page 8 of the minutes says only "accept modified".  This response means nothing without the statement of how the proposed solution has been modified.  That information appears in the official comment resolution data base.

For Comment Resolution # 31, please add (Fails) for both proposed comment resolutions there.

The bottom of Page 6 says:

Update on Fairness section (Anoop G)
o Withdrew motion (??)

Please clarify, probably by removing the "(??)".

Page 6 states

For motion 2002-07-11-9, on page 9, please add "Passes"

Page 18 indicates that is motion 9.  Pages a7 and 19 contain motions 7 and 9 respectively.  Is the motion on page 18 is #8?  Please correct.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Robert D. Love
President, Resilient Packet Ring Alliance
President, LAN Connect Consultants
7105 Leveret Circle     Raleigh, NC 27615
Phone: 919 848-6773       Mobile: 919 810-7816
email: rdlove@xxxxxxxx          Fax: 208 978-1187

July2002Motions.doc