From: Raśl Gil [mailto:raul.gil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, March 02, 2003 4:26 PM
To: stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: [RPRWG] Two doubts

Hello,

I am a student of Barcelona and I am programming the protocol RPR for
the simulator ns. The work is almost finished, but I have two doubts:

1. I don't know if the topology status message are wrapped or not
because if are wrapped, will be created more lines in the topology
database in all nodes. And these lines are not necessary.

2. In case of fiber failure (protection mechanism) I don't know when
update the topology database because the topology status message does
not have information about the state of the node (wrapped or IDLE). I
have thought to use the long message (when a node receive a long message
change the line of the topology database corresponding to the source of
the long message).

I would be grateful that could solve my doubts.

Thanks!

Raśl Gil.