RE: [RPRWG] a problem about B-CIR

The way to think of it is that there is no buffering in
the MAC.  Therefore, if a packet is admitted from the
client into the MAC, then it is for all practical purposes
on the medium.  When accepting a frame for tranmission
from the client, if there are any class B-CIR credits,
the frame will be marked as B-CIR, otherwise, if there
are class C credits, it gets marked as B-EIR.  If
there are no credits in either shaper, the frame sit
in the client and sendB and sendC would be de-asserted.

>     The classA0 can be informationed to other stations by TLV
> message on the
> ringlet. But how to information the B-CIR rate? If the other
> station don't
> konw the each station B-CIR like the rateA0, how to guarantee
> the allocated
> B-CIR for a station?

I believe the thinking is that that it gets handled at the
network management level.  Passing it around in topology
may be useful, but it not required because knowing another
node's B-CIR doesn't affect the way the local node would
operate.  On the other hand, a node's shaperD is affected
by rateA0 of the other nodes.

-Anoop