From: Necdet Uzun [mailto:nuzun@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 5:08 PM
To: Robert D. Love
Cc: Jon Schuringa; stds-802-17@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RPRWG] Class A and B Guarantees

Bob,
I would like to see simulations for the scenario that Jon described with the
following conditions:
stqLowThreshold is fixed to a value (say 100kB)
stqHighThreshold is fixed to a value (say 200kB)
stqFullThreshold is set to infinity (or to a very large value, say 100MB)
head node is adding classA1 traffic at 10% of line rate.
It would be nice to see the maximum stq buffer occupancy in the head node
with respect to number of nodes on the ring. This would give us how much of
a buffering needed in order not to hit the stqFullThreshold.
This result can also be used as a check mechanism for the formulas that
Annex G editor(s) provided.
Thanks.
Necdet