[RPRWG] Handling of unresolved comments

Colleagues,

I have been informed that I have been deviating from current
802 practice in terms of handling unresolved comments. I
therefore plan to make the following changes in the way that
unresolved comments are handled:

- if a draft passes, then all unresolved comments against
	it will be carried forward automatically as usual
- if a draft fails, then unresolved comments will not be
	carried forward (they can, of course, be resubmitted
	by any WG member during the ballot period)
- unresolved comments will not be forwarded from WG ballot
	into the Sponsor ballot package unless the WG votes
	to do so

As all previous drafts have failed, unresolved comments
will hence not be carried forward automatically into the
D2.2 database. If a WG member wishes to have an unresolved
comment against the previous (failed) draft applied to the
current draft, then he or she will be required to submit
the comment again during the ballot period.

I realize that this process change comes a little late and
hence may cause inconvenience. Hence, for the D2.2 ballot,
I will simplify the process of carrying forward a comment as
follows: if any WG member wishes a particular (unresolved)
comment in the D2.1 CRD to be applied to D2.2, simply send
me the comment number prior to the close of the ballot and
I will ensure that it is carried into the D2.2 comment
database in its entirety.

Apologies for the late notice and the inconvenience.

Best regards,

- Tom Alexander
Chief Editor, P802.17