Re: [RPRWG] Backplane ring study group

David, I am sure you have considered this but I did not recollect having
seen any thought on the following question:

If a P1796 backplane bus were to pass thru a bunch of line cards and some
common resources will the removal of any of these cards/resource cause a 802.17-like
protection switching event to happen? Further, will the removal of card map to an
event like that of a removal of node on a 802.17 ring?
How will empty slots be handled? Will I need an active backplane or could I
use a passive backplane?

raj