[RPRWG] Congestion Management

RPRWGers,

Bob Grow requested that I forward this to the reflector.

The IEEE 802.3 Congestion Management Study Group has concluded that the
preferred approaches for addressing the problems that link congestion
produces for limited topology applications like cluster computing and
modular telecommunications systems fall within the scope of IEEE 802.1.
While there will still be supporting work within 802.3, most of the
protocol work is expected to transition to 802.1.

Some of the people involved in the IEEE 802.3 CMSG have offered to
listen to the concerns and ideas that IEEE 802.17 participants might
have about congestion.  If you would like to link up with this effort
prior to the November plenary meeting, please contact bob.grow@ieee.org
or manoj.k.wadekar@intel.com.

--Bob

Please let me know if you are interested, if there is alot
of interest I can host a teleconference. If interest is
limited, I will let those individuals know to contact Bob or
Manoj directly.

cheers,

mike

--
Michael Takefman              tak@cisco.com
Distinguished Engineer,       Cisco Systems