Re: [RPRWG] ConservativeRate SM questions

Guoliang,

Initially, the condition in row 5 was as you suggested
(i.e., localFairRate >= unreservedRate[myRi]).
However, when people from AT&T simulated a scenario
where localWeight of the head node was greater than 1,
the head of the congested domain was observed to go
out of the congested state prematurely and leaving
some unused ring bandwidth. That is why they suggested
using localFairRate/localWeight  >=
unreservedRate[myRi]), which had resolved the problem.

I hope that this helps.

BTW: As Mike mentioned in his e-mail, what I wrote
was/is my opinion and it needs to be agreed by the
group.

Thanks,

Necdet