[RPRWG] maint. request 47 - discussion ?

Hi John,

Are any of those offline discussions documented ? I wanted to read through
them, if they are accessible.

I think the remedy suggested may have a small anomaly - there can be a
condition where (lpNrXmitRate > rateLowThreshold) is TRUE but
(lpNrXmitRate -
 lpAddRate > rateLowThreshold) is FALSE, even when lpAddRate is small. In
such a case, we would be facing the same problem. How about having
"(lpNrXmitRate - lpAddRate > factor*rateLowThreshold)" as the condition
instead, where 'factor' with range (0,1), is such that the latter condition
is FALSE only when lpAddRate is sufficiently large enough.

Also, I was wondering if there is actually a need to remedy this problem.
This is only a utilization issue and can accept this as a disadvantage of
using aggressive method. However, if we do want to remedy this - why not
also look towards active weights to give a better estimate of localFairRate
?

Mohit