FW: Simulation methodology issues / group

Dear Colleagues,

As both Colin and Jeff are OK to forward this email thread,  I'll
copy this onwards and add a comment.

There will be,  I believe, a need to create an additional special
committee to look at how the 802.11 TGn requirements,  criteria,
channel models
and simulation scenarios should be reflected in a simulation
implementation.

The idea is not to for the group to own a simulation model itself,  but
to promulgate
best known methods and increase confidence that the results that are
finally presented are capable of valid comparison.

I've been approached by a number of people on exactly this topic,  and
I think they should form the nucleus of a new committee.   I'm aware of
a couple
of people who want to make presentations at the November meeting on the
subject,  and I think it would be a highly appropriate topic to consider
at the meeting.

Comments?

Best Regards,

Adrian P Stephens