Re: FW: [802SEC] Comments from 802.16 regarding proposed P802.19 PAR

802.19 SG,

Proposed modified text for your consideration is in the attached doc

FWIW my take on the comments:

(1) In Section 13 (Scope of Proposed Project), it is not clear how rigorously the methodologies will assess
coexistence of wireless networks. Will assessment involve only physical characteristics of transmissions (and
reception) or go further to examine protocol or network aspects of potential coexistence?
Fair comment.  I thought it was implied by our text, but it seems to need to be specific.

(2) The statement in the Scope “though the methods developed here may be applicable in other places” is
ambiguous.
I think the term meant is "non-specific", rather than "ambiguous".  The phrasing is not ambiguous -- it is quite clear that this is not the only place the resultant document may find use.  I supplied text to make the other uses more specific, but the alternative is to drop the phrase altogether as not being relevant to the IEEE process.

Comments welcome,
Tom

Shellhammer, Steve wrote:
802.19 SG,

	Looks like we got comments on our PAR from 802.16.  Please plan
to attend the SG meeting tomorrow morning at 8AM so we can address these
comments.

Steve