[802.19] Directed Position - Misinterpretation of the Rules

IEEE 802.19 members,

            The TAG held a vote to give the Chair a directed position earlier today, during PM1.  However, the Chair misinterpreted the results of the vote.  At the time I ruled that the motion passes since the approval rate was over 50%, however, subsequently after reviewing the 802 P&P on Directed Positions, the Chair realized that a 75% approval rate was required.  Since the approval rate was below 75% the motion actually failed.

            I apologize for improperly interpreting the rules.

Regards,

Steve